Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Belated Birthday Bash, Kickin' Cancer's A$$ Party"


What a fun fun time. Here I was thinking I'm just putting together a dinner party for me and my girlfriends...I should've known better since Bonnie was involved. :)

Never have I been more touched than I
was the other night. Walking into Kona, seeing the balloons, the yell of "SURPRISE!", the smiles, hugs, and tears all around. What good friends I have.

Here's the cast of characters and my thanks to them

KC Girls:
*Bonnie: Thank you thank you thank you!!!! The premier party-planner!! What a beautiful, wonderful time you made for me. Thank you so much for being such a great friend. Love you!!

*Stacie: I can see now how that little smirk you had on your face when talking to Bonnie had to do with this surprise. You're too funny. Thank you for helping her set this up. It was absolutely fabulous. You did a great job keeping it all to yourself and not once did you give anything away. Thanks for being such a great friend. Love you!!

*Heather: My chaffeur for the night! "She's here! She's here!" Oh I hope they got that text!! hahahhaa! :) Thank you for driving me and for letting me be the "happy drunk" on the way home. I haven't been that happy in a really long time. Love you!

*Angie: You are a fabulous friend. Thank you for the beautiful scarves and for keeping everything neatly packed and organized for me. We need to have a cherry limeade night here soon. Love you!

*Anne: You are a fabulous friend as well and an expert organizer! Thank you for putting everything away nice and neat for me. You and Angie made my OCD happy the next day. Love you!

*Sarah: Holy carp girl! That yoga practice made me SO freaking sore the next day but I loved it. Thank you for taking the time to practice with me (sorry we didn't get to do it the next two days but alas my right boobie is very tender and sore right now), and for taking the time out of your busy visit to come to my party. I look forward to seeing you again and practicing yoga with you again! I'll breathe more for you next time I swear!! ;) Love love love!!!

GC Girls:
*Dana: We finally got to kiss! Woot! Woot! Thank you for the beautiful COACH scarves ("Shut your mouth! You did not!!"), and for everything you have done and will do for me in the future. You are a fabulous friend and I am so grateful you are in my life. Love you!

*Rachel: You are a beautiful woman inside and out. Thank you for being such a great friend to me, I appreciate it. Can't wait to have you hang with us for a week (and you'll have to tell me when you're coming again because I've forgotten again ;) Love you!

*Meredith (and Kevin heeheehee): Thank you so very much for coming to my party. The scarf is beautiful and you are too. Keep up with the hot yoga girl so I can join you when I'm finished with chemo. Remember that if you can do that you can do anything! It will do nothing but good things for you. Love you!

*Shawna: Thanks so much for coming Shawna! That was a wonderful surprise to see you there. Can't wait to see the beautiful scarf you have for me. I'll see you at GC soon to have a drink or two. Love you!

Cerner Girls:
*Tami, Krista, Candis, Melissa, Nikki, Wendy, and Bonnie: You are all fabulous women. I thank each and every one of you for bringing me into your group of friends. Helping Bonnie plan this party, being there, the lovely scarves, the PLANT (which I re-potted yesterday and put in it's new home)...love the plant...the ribbons, balloons, cake, etc...you're all fabulous women. Thank you again for the support and prayers you are sending and will continue to send my way. Love you all!!!

My bestest friend in the whole wide world:
*Mischa: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to be there. For making the drive from Lawrence, and for having Chris watch the kids. Sometimes it's still so hard for me to believe that we've been friends for 18years; craziness. You're the bestest friend a girl could ask for and I love you tremendously. I'm going to stop now before I make either of us cry. "Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go....." Love you!

My fabulous school husband and his awesome girlfriend:

*Brad and Leslie: Thank you so much to the two of you for coming. Brad, you have been my most constant friend at Hickman though my years there and I love you more every day for that. Leslie, you are an awesome person and I have thoroughly enjoyed the couple of times we have gotten to hang out together. I am so very thankful that you have entered Brad's life; it's about damn time he had an awesome girl to love him. Thank you both for the beautiful scarf and for the support and prayers you are sending my way as I take this journey. I look forward to many more hangouts. Love love love!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! Love you all!!!!! Muah!

http://preview.tinyurl.com/28sy8av

No comments:

Post a Comment