Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Re-Gift! Baby gifts in these financial times...

Is it weird too include a note in our shower invites that basically says Re-Gifting is the way to go for onesies, blankets, socks, burp cloths, pack-in-plays, toys, bumbo's, etc, etc.  The way I see it is that *everyone*, including us, has been hit by these down economic times and can use all the help we can get.  I also see it as this; *why* clog up the environment with brand new onesies, blankets, burp cloths, bumbo's, etc, etc, when there are perfectly good "used" ones that not only can live a good second life, but can also be given in joy instead of financial hardship.  


*Shrugs* maybe it's just me.  My hubby thinks it a bit odd so we will see what shall happen, bu I think it a perfectly grand idea

2 comments:

  1. Whoever is throwing your shower could include a note, or, knowing that you AND whoever is throwing the shower will be asked by almost everyone about what you need, you can both just make it clear that you'd be thrilled to receive any hand me down clothes, toys and equipment that folks are looking to pass on. I don't think there's anything wrong with either approach. I also borrowed a few things from friends with children and then gave them back when I was done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha,that;s what i meant. whoever is throwing the shower to include the note. my girlfriend who is throwing the work one asked me about it and asked me to write one up for her then when i mentioned it too tim he got all weird. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete