Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Confessions of *this* Shop-a-holic

Well, not even a few days in and I've already tripped up (refusing to use the word fail).  This is such a non-thinking behavior for me that I think I need to come up with a mantra to repeat over and over (should watch "Confessions of a Shop-a-holic" for theirs) as I walk through stores on regular shopping trips.  

So here's what happened.  Two days ago I went to Target and the grocery store for our normal shopping trip.  Everything went fine at the grocery store, stuck to my list and made it in and out lickity split (went to Wal-Mart and I try never to stay longer there than absolutely necessary).  Anyways, after Wal-Mart was the zip over to Target to get dog food and some other necessaries that I can only find at Target.  Without even thinking I moseyed into the clothing section and came face to face with the swim suits.  

 "OOooooooooo!!!!!  Look at that one!  The pink with the flowers, the yellow with the swirls...Eek!  There's a white one with polka dots and a purple ruffle one.  Oh I gotta have it!"


So I ripped the two I was salivating over off the rack, checked the sizes and threw them in the cart without a second thought.  Not even *once* did the thought "I gave this up for Lent!" shoot through my brain.  I was on the shopping high, the thrill of the bargain, the happy thought of having new bikini's for my new girls, and the giddiness of getting the last pink one!


I got home and immediately took my treasures up to my room to try on.  As I was taking the tags off the pink one and ripping the "sanitary liner" out of the bottoms I was suddenly hit with the realization that I had just had an #EPICFAIL in keeping with my decision for Lent.

#Carp
#WTFdidIdo
#FudgeBuckets
#WhatDoIDoNow

Unfortunately I now have to keep the pink one because I had already taken the tags off and tried it on...yeah...but in light of picking myself up and dusting myself off and finding the path again I returned the purple one.  Don't believe me?  Here's the proof...


I returned it this morning and when the gal asked "Is there anything wrong with it?" my reply was "No, it's me.  I have a shopping problem and I didn't need to buy this and I must return it.  Thanks"  Her reply? "Oh I totally understand, I have a shopping problem as well!"

At least I know I'm not alone.


So folks, I already screwed up but am not going to let it get me down.  I can and WILL succeed at this, so I'm gonna hitch myself up by my britches and keep on keepin' on.


"I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"  "I Do Not Need To Shop!"


3 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, if I was as cute as you are, I'd have a shopping problem too! Good for you for returning the one you could. Lent can be tough, but I admire you for sticking with it. I love the reflection brought about by giving something up for that period of time, and the celebration that follows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a fail. It's a huge success. Even harder to return something once you've taken it home. True grit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Geneva: its all an illusion created by my shopping, anyone can do it ;) and you're 10x's cuter so...... jaljen: returning stuff is *always* harder for me. I always think they're going to wonder what's wrong with me when in truth they don't care! Keeping on with it. No excess spending yesterday and I'm tied up with school today so no time to shop. That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete