Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

memories of my childhood...


So my folks are redecorating the inside of their house and in the process giving away a lot of stuff; books mostly, but some records as well including the ones you see pictured. These are 3 of my most cherished childhood memories. I *know* that I still have the words to the "limelighters" in my head ("B-A-Bay, B-E-Be, B-I-Biddty-by, B-O-Bo, Biddity-by-U-Be-O-Bu-Biddty-By-You-Boo-Boo") and I'm sure that "Fox & the Hound" ("Arooooh! I'm a Hound? What are you?"/"I'm a Fox!") are in there somewhere as well but what popped out of me as I was looking for my childhood photo album, was the dress making song from "Cinderella"...


"...hurry hurry hurry hurry got no time to dilly dally, we've got to make it pretty/there's nothing to it really/"I'll cut it wit da scissors" "and I can do the sewin'",/"Leave the sewin' to the women, you go get the trimmin'"/and we'll make a lovely dress for Cindarellie/"Whoo!"/We'll make a lovely dress for Cindarellie"




I remember singing this song with my sister, Julie, and using either her green blanket or my green blanket as "Cindarellie"'s dress. lol! My mom dressed us up as mice apparently (or maybe we begged her to do it) and took this picture. Brings a smile to my lips and warmth to my heart. Good times, Good times.







**********




This picture is one of my all time favorites yet most hated picture that my sister, Julia, has ever taken of me. I vividly remember that I'd had a hissy-fit about *something* and had gotten yelled at, then my sister snaps this picture of me across the dinner table. See the tear? Ha! Priceless! I was *sooooo* pissed with her at the time, and now it's a picture that sums me up at that stage in life. I was *always* having hissy-fits, at least I feel like I did. Sorry mom & dad! hahahaha!






**********






Even in at my 6th grade graduation I was stylin'....and yes I made that dress. Awesome!







**********





Miss you Grandma!!!!






**********





Love you mom!






**********





Love you dad!






**********





Love you Julie & Romanda!






**********






Junior High School, the honor choir Excalibur. Me and my childhood next door neighbor Nat before our Christmas concert.







**********






Sophmore year, first football game; when the love affair with marching band began...







**********





9th grade graduation; dress is from my foreign-exchange student program. I think I bought it in Moscow.








**********





H.S. graduation...oy....









**********





I absolutely *love* this pre-school pic of me. Apparently that was my *favorite* dress and I wore it all the time. My mom sewed a piece of it into the lining of my wedding dress; how awesome is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment