Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

I feel a lazy day coming on...

So I didn't sleep very well last night and have been up since 6am; no biggie really, it's just put me in kind of a lazy frame of mind. I've been surfin' the net and idling away these early morning hours on some of my favorite sites and I stumbled across a young lady's blog called "time to pretend" (http://soulfulsource.blogspot.com). If I remember correctly she is 16 years old and loves everything vintage. Anyways, reading through her blog I stumbled across these two gems;

Sometimes I feel like I live my life in routine.
You know: get up, take a shower, eat, go to school, eat, come home, finish homework, read, write, eat, go for a walk, sleep.
And I hate it. I mean, I love everything I do there (except maybe going to school), but I just feel like I'm stuck in this limbo.
so here's my plan:
starting today, I'll do one exciting little thing every day.
It doesn't have to be big.
Just something that'll make me smile.
Join me?

and...

Currently I'm:
Listening to: Microwave by Cocoon
Reading: The Catcher In The Rye (for the millionth time)
Procrastinating: My French Summative
Counting Down The Days Till: The sound Of Music Festival

I feel the very same way. I feel like I've gotten too stuck in my routine. I believe this is something the universe was trying to tell me. So, I am going to join this young lady in doing something every day that'll make me smile.

Join me if you like :)

The second gem I am borrowing from her I am going to alter to fit my style. So,

Currently I'm feeling: Fabulous. Today is a good day.
Procrastinating: Steam-mopping my floors
Reading: In between books at the moment. Any suggestions?
Watching: "The Devil Wears Prada"
Doing to make me smile: Getting ready to go upstairs and do a nice long yoga practice then head to the pool




1 comment:

  1. Get busy with those yarns and some other ideas. You will find your time going by really fast and you'll have something exciting and new to show for it. Creativity is a wonderful healing balm for almost anything that you need healing for. It opens new avenues and makes you use different parts of your brain....which is always good.

    ReplyDelete