Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

early mornin' fishing makes me smile...


In the spirit of doing something each day that makes me smile, we went early mornin' fishin' yesterday and it was fabulous; I don't know why I don't do it more often anymore...

515 in the morning the alarm finally breaks through my sleep and I jump out of bed with the anticipation of going fishing with my hubby and doggies. It was a gorgeous morning; a cool breeze, nice sun, just a few clouds and the scent of freshly mown grass blowing through the trees.

As we were loading up the truck, Buck and Lilly started picking up on what was happening and their excitement was palpable (it's not everyday that mom AND dad take them fishing). Buck was running around with the ball in his mouth trying to get one of us to play with him and Lilly was in the middle of her regular M.O., which meant she was running around and barking like crazy :)

We finally hit the road about 6 and headed up to Plattsburg to "our" little lake at the quarry. It was lovely taking that drive with my hubby in the truck. We got a chance to reconnect and talk, which is nice. He's such a busy guy during the summer and gets so worn out with work that sometimes we don't get the chance to *really* talk so it was nice to have that drive to reconnect with one another. :)

We rolled into Plattsburg and just *had* to stop at Larry's One-stop for some B&G. If you've never had Larry's B&G you are truly missing out. I *highly* *HIGHLY* recommend that you travel to Plattsburg just for the express purpose of having these biscuits and gravy. They are absolutely to die for and the little ladies who make them for you are just too cute.






So loaded up on good food and beverages we headed to the quarry. At this point the dogs were going absolutely insane with anticipation. Buck was drooling, Lilly was whining, and they were both working themselves up into a lather. We got to the lake and went about our separate tasks. Tim takes care of getting the boat ready and I entertain the dogs (otherwise known as keeping them out of Tim's way). Hitting the ball is always first up on the menu, especially hitting it into the lake so that's what we did and they were in heaven. They love a ball and they love water so putting those two together?! Fuggeddaboutit.










Usually I stay by the truck where I can be ready if Tim needs me, but this morning I decided to take a walk
across the damn, while hitting the ball of course, and record some of the beauty that is the quarry's lake. It's hard to believe that this is a little slice of paradise that we get to come to whenever we want and it's just us. It's so peaceful here it's ridiculous. I've decided that whenever it is I die, I want to be cremated and have a portion of my ashes sprinkled across this lake. It only seems right.










After my walk across the damn and back, Tim was ready to go so we told Buck and Lilly to "load up!" and we were off. We fished and talked, then fished some more; it was a beautiful morning spent with my family and it did nothing but make me smile. I can't wait to do it again. Enjoy the pictures and maybe if you're lucky enough we'll take you fishing with us sometime. :)


http://tinyurl.com/267oagr

**********

Currently I'm feeling: Fabulous but my head itches like crazy!!
Procrastinating: Steam-mopping my floors (this *will* be done today!)
Reading: Re-reading "Eat, Pray, Love".
Watching: "Batman Begins".
Doing to make me smile: Getting ready to go upstairs and do a nice long yoga practice then clean the house and make food for the festivities today.

No comments:

Post a Comment