Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Coming up on the first of many anniversaries...

I had a nice long plan this morning (thank you MAP prep!) and was able to get a lot of work done which included looking at the last two months of school and ahead to the summer for Drum Line.  As I was counting off days, thinking time-line with competition, I realized that it's been a year since I found my lump.  I can't say what day for sure, so I count May 14th as the first real anniversary.  It was the day I was told I had breast cancer.  

This year instead of being awoken from a mid-afternoon nap only to hear the words "It's Breast Cancer", I'll be at a baby shower celebrating the upcoming birth of a very dear friend's first childThat's as it should be I think :)

The anniversaries after that may not be celebrated forever but they will be this year:
June 5th: first chemo
September 17th: last chemo
Dec. 27th: "new boobie day"

The last anniversary will always have meaning and will always be marked by something special.  October 15th, the day I was told "You no longer have Breast Cancer".

#Awesome

1 comment:

  1. I can definately say you worked hard to hear those words!! cherish them and definately celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete