Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

So we're officially a week post-op


and I'm doing okay. It doesn't hurt to take a full breath anymore and the color of goo coming out of the drains is slowly getting lighter. Granted I think we're having a bit of an issue with the left side but Ruth didn't seem concerned about it yesterday and I've called today to ask whether or not I should come in and have received no response so I'm not going to worry about it. Shoot...100 milligrams of Cipro a day should be more than enough to knock anything out of my system.

I've had a procession of visitors and care-takers and it's been a great diversion from the monotony of the days. Granted I am spending a good portion of them asleep and anticipate that to happen for just a few more days as I still have some pain medicine to take. Can't wait to get rid of these drains, that's for sure. They weren't kidding when they said that the place where the drains go in/come out of your side would hurt the most. *Yowza* The flowers are beautiful,
the get well cards are adorning my dining room table, the dog snuggles are bountiful, and Tim is earning his "Husband of the Year" award. :)

Well, the Valium and Aleve are starting to kick in so I must say it's nap time or goodness knows *what* I'll start to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment