Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh sleep you elusive beast....


I don't know if it's all the surgeries, all the medications, or all the rest I've been getting during the day but a sound night of sleep seems to be a dream of a distant past for me. For the past week or so I've been pinging awake at 330am and have had to fight to go back to sleep until 630. This usually just involves me tossing and turning for 3 hours as I hover somewhere in that twilight state. Usually I just say "Eff it" and get up because it's easier to just start my day then to keep fighting the clock and my body for a little bit of sleep. I hope that as this surgery heals more with each passing day, my sleep becomes more blissful and less painful. I hope I am able to sleep on my side again (oh how I miss sleeping on my side!) and it would be really nice if just once over this winter break I could sleep in until 8 or 830 but that's just wishful thinking.

So for today I am going to try and wear myself out throughout the day (lots of cleaning and laundry to do and I want to go for a walk) and NOT take a nap so that maybe, just maybe I can sleep soundly tonight. I'm also going to be fully off the heavy meds starting today so that should help as well. Keep the fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment