Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

"Holding Feet" among other things...

My husband and I are big snugglers, love love LOVE to snuggle. I can't imagine a night without falling asleep "spooning" yet here we are going on about a 3 month stretch where that position, and snuggling in bed in general, is impossible for me. The tissue expanders make it painful for me if I sleep on my side for too long, which is exactly the type of position you need to lay in in order to "spoon", and which also happens to be my preferred position to sleep in so now you understand why my sleep hasn't been the best the past few months.

Anyways, since we can't really snuggle in bed we've taken to falling asleep "Holding feet". It's just like the idea of holding hands except we're "Holding Feet" as we fall asleep. It'll be interesting to see what happens when these expanders are gone and the implants take their place...when we can "spoon" again. Will the holding feet disappear into oblivion like the past five months have or will it be that eternal reminder of a journey we went on together and came out stronger on the other side; or maybe it will stay in place because I find that I can't really fall asleep until we're holding feet.

Among other things I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas so far. Mine has been quiet as Tim is still asleep and I finally wore the dogs out enough that they went back to bed. Guess I'll just sit here and stare at the tree and presents until Tim gets up.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment