Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

This ain't no "Dirty Thirty" Birthday party!!

28w4d
29w2d today and we're closing in on the thirties.  It's like my thirtieth birthday party all over again except this time there's no slinky dress and cocktails to be had, only an ever expanding belly, a shrinking stomach, backaches, and anxiety over the idea that HE'S ALMOST HERE!

Anybody who knows me knows that I'm a planner, and very organized.  Being in my line of work, with what I do, having two jobs, taking care of a husband, two dogs, and a house, I *have* to be.  I know that once the roller coaster of JP's arrival dies down, we will fall into a routine that will fit our life and make everything work.  I know we will.  What's hard right now is the fact that we're approaching the time where he could make his arrival any day and we don't have those few necessary items one needs for a newborn.  The car seat, a bouncer, a swing, a pack-in-play, a stockpile of diapers and wipes, *formula!!* (I've been told to wait till he's born so we know what type works with him), BOTTLES, bibs, or baby wash.  People keep telling me to wait until our shower's are done to figure out what we need to purchase on our own, which I understand, it's just so hard to not grab my credit card, rush out right now and get everything our precious little boy is going to need and get it all organized, washed, and put away!  Gah!

At least I can take solace in the fact that we are closing in on the daycare option for our little boy, and while I'm still freaked out beyond belief on actually being able to pay for that, *and* insurance, *and* hospital bills, *and* diapers & formula, *and* knowing that my paycheck is going to be severely hurt next year, it's nice knowing that we've found some good options for his care while we're out making a living to make sure he has the best life possible.  

So maybe I'll just go ahead and throw myself a "Dirty Thirty" birthday party next Saturday when I officially hit the 30weeks mark.  Maybe that will calm my nerves and make me feel better...then again, I should probably just save the money and put it in my special savings place for our little boy cause he needs a celebration more than I do.

30th Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment