Om Namah Shivaya

Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Matt Damon Defends Teachers against Sh!tty Reason.tv Cameraman.
 
Just to share; I have been at school for the majority of the summer having drum line rehearsal three times a week, three hours each. Since Thurs., I have been at school by seven and leaving around 330 to then go do my errands, which are mostly school related at the moment; getting home around 530 only to try and salvage my evening, after doing the evening routine, only to collapse into bed just so I can get up again at 4 to do it all over again. 

Golden Eagle Drum Line '11-'12
 

 
This is what I do, it is who I am. I love it down to my core and can't imagine doing anything else.  Many people I know sometimes don't understand the depths of my commitment to my students.  The lengths to which I will go to make sure that they are on, stay on, and continue on the path to success.  As I know this is what I will do for my own child/ren, so I know this is what I do and will continue to do for other people's children.
 
Golden Eagle Drum Line and Pit '11-'12

Having job security w/my tenure means nothing in this day and age, I've held my breath at the end of the past two school years.  Shoot, two years ago it was such a stressful situation wondering whether or not I would have a job the following year, that I had to go on anxiety meds!  
 
Really...
 
I thankfully have been off them for quite a while, but my job is still frustratingly rewarding and even though I have tenure, I will always strive to prove myself to my administrators and colleagues but most importantly to the students because they are who and what are most important.  I didn't go into teaching for the money; I went into it because it's who I am, and what I love. 
 
If that's not incentive to accept the lack of funding, and frustratingly rewarding situations I and my fellow staff members must work with and work through on a daily basis, coupled with a salary that probably doesn't accurately record our time spent not only educating other people's children but spending an inordinate amount of time with other people's children...well, then  don't know what is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment